Level 1 trainings
Level 1 provides fundamental knowledge and practical methods for the configuration and operation of L-Acoustics systems.
The participant learns to:
- Identify the elements of a K system, and understand how they complement one another.
- Prepare and install a K system so that it is ready for operation.
Attending Level 1 training modules is indispensable for any technician or engineer wanting to work with L-Acoustics Systems.
This training day introduces the elements shared by all the L-Acoustics systems and is composed of two distinct modules: Soundvision Basics and Drive System.
This half-day module introduces the users to Soundvision, which is the proprietary simulation software for L-Acoustics systems and essential for any K system.
- Presentation of the software and project architecture
- Audience design: fundamentals and data collection workflows
- Loudspeaker system design: quick simulation of mechanical and electro-acoustic results
- Tutorial: introduction to the graphic-use interface and practical exercise
Ahead of the training, participants are encouraged to consult Soundvision help files.
Earn 1.5 CTS renewal units (RUs) when you attend this course.
This half-day module presents the L-Acoustics drive system, which handles the program from the output of the console to the input of the loudspeaker enclosures.
- Presentation of LA amplified controllers, AVB-Milan networked audio, P1 station
- Hardware implementation of the audio chain: power amplification, loudspeaker processing, data network, audio distribution, front-end management
- User interaction with LA Network Manager software: setup, control and monitoring of LA amplified controllers and P1
Ahead of the training, participants are encouraged to consult the user documentation: LA NWM Help files, LA4X/LA12X Owner Manual, P1 Owner Manual, and Preset Guide.
Earn 2 CTS renewal units (RUs) when you attend this course.
Attendance to this training day is a prerequisite for all other modules.
These training day modules are system specific. They are dedicated to one of our variable curvature WST systems and include a half day practical workshop.
Each of these one-day system-specific modules is dedicated to one of the variable curvature WST line source systems.
- System presentation: design and specifications
- Loudspeaker configurations: acoustic results and typical applications
- Rigging: setup options and mechanical safety
- Driving: presets and loudspeaker cabling
- Practical workshop: mechanical elements and rigging options, preparing and listening
Upon completion the participant is considered a System Technician.