Level 1 provides fundamental knowledge and practical methods for the configuration and operation of L-Acoustics systems.
The participant learns to:
- Identify the elements of a K system, and understand how they complement one another.
- Prepare and install a K system so that it is ready for operation.
Attending Level 1 training modules is indispensable for any technician or engineer wanting to work with L-Acoustics Systems.
This training day introduces the elements shared by all the L-Acoustics systems and is composed of two distinct modules: Soundvision Basics and Amplified Controllers.
This half-day module introduces the users to Soundvision, which is the proprietary simulation software for L-Acoustics systems and essential for any K system.
This module covers:
- Presentation of the software and project architecture
- Audience design: fundamentals and data collection workflows
- Loudspeaker system design: quick simulation of mechanical and electro-acoustic results
- Tutorial: introduction to the graphic-use interface and practical exercise
Ahead of the training, participants are encouraged to consult the help section of the Soundvision software.
This half-day module presents the amplified controllers, which is the key to the L-Acoustics system approach.
This module covers:
- Presentation of amplified controllers
- Factory presets: design and structure
- Cabling: power and audio
- Front panel interface: display, controls, menu and messages
- Network management: topologies and LA Network Manager demonstration
- General maintenance
Ahead of the training, participants are encouraged to consult the help section of the LA Network Manager software.
Attendance to this training day is a prerequisite for all other modules.
These training day modules are system specific. They are dedicated to one of our variable curvature WST systems and include a half day practical workshop.
Each of these one-day system-specific modules is dedicated to one of the variable curvature WST line source systems.
These modules cover:
- System presentation: design and specifications
- Loudspeaker configurations: acoustic results and typical applications
- Rigging: setup options and mechanical safety
- Driving: presets and loudspeaker cabling
- Practical workshop: mechanical elements and rigging options, preparing and listening
Upon completion the participant is considered a System Technician.