New features in Soundvision 3.0.2 include:
- Redesign of user interface icons
- Help content in line with Soundvision 3.0.2. New format: opens in operating system default browser
- Improved mechanical warnings readability
- Improved file imports (.sv*, .txt and .xar files)
- Addition of M-BUMPi for SB18i and X-BAR for the X Series
- Hybrid arrays of stacked subwoofers limited to 4 enclosures
- Resources gauges are displayed in the source global settings and the group global settings
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Refer to the readme file and the Soundvision Help for complete details.
Previous Soundvision 3.0.0 version includes:
- Entirely re-written to increase performance, calculation times up to 40 times faster
- Introduction of new file name extensions (.xmls, .xmlc and .xmlp)
- Possibility to open previous files (.svs, .svc and .svd) – Refer to Help for procedure
- New X15 HiQ, X12 and X8 loudspeaker enclosures available in the COAXIAL library
- Implementation of 4 additional IIR filters in the Contour EQ modeling tools
- Minor improvements in user interface
Developed for sound designers, Soundvision is dedicated to the acoustical and mechanical simulation of L-Acoustics systems (WST line arrays and Coaxial point source technologies).
Benefiting from L-Acoustics long term experience in the modelling of acoustic sound sources, Soundvision is the first 3D sound design program capable of operating in real time.
Soundvision allows the calculation of sound pressure level (SPL) coverage, SPL mapping and delay coverage (or mapping) for complex sound system and venue configurations.
Either horizontal (plan) or vertical (cut) views can be selected to enter room coordinates or to define loudspeaker placement/aiming. Impact coverage, SPL mapping or delay is then based on direct sound calculations over the defined audience geometry.
Selectable user modes for different operator profiles
Coverage mode provides a practical tool for the touring sound engineer while mapping mode provides more detailed information for the audio consultant. System time alignment of multiple loudspeakers or arrays can be visualized with delay mode and the mechanical data provides detailed set-up information for installer and riggers.
The world venue database allows the insertion of the touring kit into the a pre-modeled venue file. The engineer can quickly prepare and optimize the sound design variations specific to each venue. Thanks to the contributions of the Soundvision user community, engineers on the road can accurately anticipate on the planning of their sound design and system optimization even if not present on site.
Engineers wishing to donate to the database are invited to observe the following guidelines in the effort to maintain a SOUNDVISION drawing standard.
The X,Y & Z Axis zero reference point should be identified by a fixed point, not dependant on the type of event:
- Theatre or Shed: fire curtain
- Arena: Venue Center usually directly under the scoreboard (Most venues are symmetrical)
- Stadium: Center of the field. (Pitchers mound for baseball fields) determined by the playing field area marks
Audience listening levels should be added after the room is designed, only to audience seating or standing surfaces only. Paths or walking surfaces should not incorporate these levels. As an average these guidelines should be as follows, 1.2m (3.09') for seating and 1.8m or (5.09') for standing.
Measurements should be verified by the systems engineer before finalizing the system design.
To send your files, please contact email@example.com
Designed to streamline the process of generation and edition of venue models for Soundvision, SU4SV freeware is available for download from the L-Acoustics® web site.
SU4SV is a plugin to use in GOOGLE® SKETCHUP software. It allows importing/exporting venue models between SKETCHUP and Soundvision.
With SU4SV, SKETCHUP can be used as a file conversion platform between Soundvision and CAD software (AUTOCAD, DXF…) or acoustic simulation software (CATT, EASE, ODEON…).
In addition to its conversion capabilities, SU4SV features a set of venue model edition tools adapted to users of acoustic simulation software.
SU4SV 4.4 includes the following features:
For questions and issues, contact the Soundvision support team: firstname.lastname@example.org