Compact High Power subwoofer
- 40 Hz LF limit, high power handling, low distortion and thermal compression
- Progressive vent for increased peak SPL, and minimal turbulence noise
- LA4/LA8 control and protection
- DSP presets for cardioid mode (symmetrical and asymmetrical)
- Pole mount for XT series and KIVA (compatible flying rigging)s
- Grey brown, pure white + architectural RAL program
In 2004 L-ACOUSTICS® introduced a new diffraction model, the DED. The Distributed Edge Dipole was published in the AES journal and provides a logical, predictable methodology for low frequency sound design. The DED model describes how a part of the wave produced by the speaker spreads toward the cabinet edges where it is diffracted with group delay and phase inversion. The DED model is implemented for modeling the physics of cardioid applications and the size of enclosures.
The latest subwoofer design incorporates a vent with a progressive profile and ultra-low vibration walls for a significant gain in peak SPL, laminar airflow and drastic reduction of turbulence noise.
L-ACOUSTICS® subwoofers benefit from the latest acoustic, signal processing and component innovations and deliver an exceptional level of performance while offering multiple modes of operation, whether on the road or in fixed installations.
|Congratulations to the R&D department. For its size this little box is a full-bodied well-tuned and loud sub with a small footprint.|