- Amplified Controllers real time control and monitoring
- Workflow and application driven GUI maximizing productivity and user experience
- Automatic discovery of the units over the network and assisted unit matching
- Multiple group assignation facilitating advanced system tuning and management
- Comprehensive reporting and log of faults
- Array Morphing tool for tonal balance adjustment
- System resources indication as a function of gain, Array Morphing and EQ
- Interactive tutorials suite
DECEMBER 11, 2013 RELEASE:
LA NETWORK MANAGER 184.108.40.206
• LA4X support
• Possibility to group Channel Sets within and across all types of Units
• Settings Protection for fixed installation
• Fallback mode: one-click reset to AES/EBU for all Units
• Possibility to set IIR EQ gain down to -24 dB
• New air absorption average compensation EQ
• New VIDEO TUTORIAL 4.0
• Minor look and feel improvements
LA4/LA8 FIRMWARE 220.127.116.11 and LA4X FIRMWARE 18.104.22.168
• Includes PRESET LIBRARY 4.0.
• Main menu updated
• Fallback mode simplified
• Fixed propagation delay of 3.84ms for all input modes
• Protection settings support
• Minor improvements and bug fixes
PRESET LIBRARY 4.0
• New presets: [K2 70], [K2 90], [K2 110] and [K1SB_X K2]
• Compatibility of the 115XTHiQ, KARA, ARCS II and KUDO presets with LA4X
• Preset [K1]: improved polar response and direct compatibility with K2
• Preset [KARADOWNK1]: when KARA is used as downfill under KI using new [K1] preset Refer to the readme files for complete list and details
LA Network Manager 2.0
An application-driven approach
The Tuning page gives access to gain, delay, polarity, Array morphing and EQ processing resources offered by the DSP embedded in each individual LA4 or LA8, adding two IIR filters to the existing set. Quick access to mute on unit and group objects allows for fast signal distribution verification and easy tuning of each subset of the system. All other parameters are logically sorted within the tabs of the Unit Control Panel and the Group Control Panel. Opening up these panels keeps the workspace visible at all times and a thematic view slider sets what parameters are represented on the Unit Objects on the workspace. Therefore output levels and headroom can be controlled while setting gains, for instance.
The Live page is dedicated to system monitoring during operation: for each unit, LA Network Manager 2.0 records the average output levels and the activity of the speakers’ thermal limiters for the past four minutes. The temperature of each unit can be remotely checked at a glance. In addition, a comprehensive Message Center reports all events that occur within the system using a simple yet efficient classification by level of importance (info, minor, major, critical) and category (network, power, input, output). All these messages plus time-stamped important actions (page switching, file loading or saving…) are saved automatically in a XML log file that can be imported in all popular spreadsheet software for analysis.
In the Live page, users need to confirm all actions that may have an impact on the show and prevent unwanted entries. These confirmations may also be enabled for the Setup and Tuning page by activating the Show mode.
The Array Morphing tool (V1.2) is an exclusive tool to control the characteristics affecting the resulting system frequency response (array size, listening distance, splay angle). The Array Morphing provides LF compensation and allows for smooth adjustment of the frequency response of a line source array, compensating for different array geometries and conditions of use.
New Interactive Tutorials
A new and complete suite of interactive tutorials has been developed to allow engineers on the road to learn how to operate LA NETWORK MANAGER 2.0 at their own pace. The tutorials are structured into a logical progression with prerequisite levels, spanning from the LA NETWORK MANAGER 2.0 basics to the most advanced software features and tips for advanced users. Users can check regularly for tutorial upgrades on the L-ACOUSTICS website.