Innovation and scientific method have been L-ACOUSTICS’ principles from the outset. Originally rooted in the fields of physics and fundamental acoustics, the company is best known as the inventor of modern line source arrays thanks to its published research on Wavefront Sculpture Technology and the legendary V-DOSC system.
Over time L-ACOUSTICS has deployed its research activity to the fields of structural engineering, power electronics, signal processing and digital networks. L-ACOUSTICS develops its own in-house simulation and modeling tools and conducts practical experimentation to observe and validate its models.
L-ACOUSTICS has regularly published and presented its research work to the scientific community. As an engineering-driven team, L-ACOUSTICS is a highly respected organization in the audio manufacturing industry.
- 1984 : Physicist Dr. Heil founds L-ACOUSTICS
- 1989 : First coaxial system MTD115/LLC
- 1992 : Wavefront Sculpture Technology (WST)
- 1994 : V-DOSC and Network
- 1995 : ARCS Constant Curvature Array
- 1999 : dV-DOSC modular line source
- 2004 : SOUNDVISION simulation software
- 2005 : KUDO and K-LOUVER variable directivity
- 2006 : P series self-powered coaxials
- 2007 : Amplified controllers, SB28, KIVA/XT series
- 2008 : K1/KUDO pilot program
- 2009 : New Rental Network
- 2010 : KARA, SB18(laminar vent). System integration charter
- 2011 : LA NETWORK MANAGER 2.0
- 2011 : ARCS II
- 2012 : ARCS WIDE, ARCS FOCUS, SB18m, SB15m and 5XT
- 2013 : K2
- 2013 : SB15m, 5XT and LA4X
- New in 2014: K2: PANFLEX™ Technology