Network Collaboration Platform and Synergies
The Rental Network is a platform of cooperation designed for the L-Acoustics Rental community. Inspired by the original concept of the V-DOSC partnership, the Rental Network offers its agents:
- A privileged access to innovative systems with high brand acceptance
- An opportunity to raise the agent's corporate profile and visibility amongst top sound companies
- Development of cross-rental business, cooperation and synergies between agents
- Flexibility of rental supply with worldwide availability of standardized systems
- A quality label to engineers, productions, promoters and artists
Additional benefits include:
- Company listing on L-Acoustics website
- Referencing of productions in the L-Acoustics Rental references website section
- Authorization to use the L-Acoustics Rental Network logo for promotional purposes
- Access to PR resources for success stories
- Publication of agent activity in newsletters
L-Acoustics Rental Network World Map
The Rental Network comprises around 650 rental companies worldwide, employing 7000 technicians and operating 60,000 enclosures sharing a universal system standard. The Network community allows its agents to grow business through cross-rental activities to respond to seasonal activity peaks and joint productions with pooled inventories for large scale projects. The Rental Network comprises the Kiva II, Kara, K2, K1, Kiva, Kudo, V-DOSC and dV-DOSC systems.
The Rental Network working principles are based on three principles as defined in the Network Charter :
- Ensure worldwide availability with systems inventory thresholds for various rental segments
- Offer a universal standard to ensure performance and compatibility of systems for cooperation
- Ensure a human standard of excellence and safety through an education program designed for technicians
L-Acoustics offers truly innovative sound systems with the highest brand acceptance. Choosing and dimensioning a main PA system is a strategic decision, and establishing a system inventory threshold is a key factor:
- In positioning the company and gaining visibility in the rental market place
- In generating dry rental requests from others with an attractive inventory level
- In delivering performance (Coverage, Headroom, SPL, Directivity control, etc...) for special productions
The L-Acoustics authorized representative can analyze your rental activity with you to determine the right system inventory to optimize the return on investment.
Performance, Simplicity, Efficiency
The "K" system standard is heir to the "V" standard, and is the latest evolution of L-Acoustics' line source array and electronics. It includes the K series enclosures (Kiva II, Kara, K2, K1) or the legacy enclosures Kiva, Kudo, dV-DOSC and V-DOSC, the associated subwoofers, the LA-RAK II integrated electronics rack and system accessories. Establishing a standard helps to deliver:
- Predictable performance and system behavior with its optimized components
- Simplified cross rental, easy system interfacing and fast pooling of systems
- Maximum efficiency and safety in the field with standard electronics, cables, accessories
The H standard encompasses current and legacy systems not K-compliant, including the legacy V standard.
Rental Network Standards charts
|System standards||Kiva II||Kara||K2||K1|
|KX standard||Kiva II does not
RAK II and is
therefore not part
of K standard.
2 LA-RAK II
8 K1-SB and 8 KS28
4 LA-RAK II
18 LA-RAK II
|K Standard||24 Kara
|H Standard||12 Kiva II
8 K1-SB or
KS28 or SB28
Table of standards for current systems as of April 1st, 2018.
|K Standard||N/A||24 dV-DOSC
|H Standard||12 Kiva
8 SB118 or
System standards as of July 1st, 2016 (subject to change).
Note: Kudo and V systems marketed or upgraded with LA-RAK from 2009 can meet the K standard criteria.
Some examples :
Qualified technicians & training program
A training program provides the rental agent's sound technicians and engineers with qualifications to operate the K standard systems as System Technicians.