New Features in SOUNDVISION 3.0.0 include:
- Entirely re-written to increase performance, calculation times up to 40 times faster
- Introduction of new file name extensions (.xmls, .xmlc and .xmlp)
- Possibility to open previous files (.svs, .svc and .svd) – Refer to Readme or Help for procedure
- New X15 HiQ, X12 and X8 loudspeaker enclosures available in the COAXIAL library
- Implementation of 4 additional IIR filters in the Contour EQ modeling tools
- Minor improvements in user interface
Previous SOUNDVISION 2.2 version include:
- K2 WST® loudspeaker
- The LA-RAK racks (2 max) can be rigged on top of K2-BUMP
- Safety factors are provided in the mechanical properties (K2)
- Implementation of the air absorption compensation tool in the CONTOUR section.
Previous SOUNDVISION 2.1 version includes:
- 5XT coaxial loudspeaker
- SB15m subwoofer, which can be rigged as a vertical array, flown or stacked. It can also be mixed with KIVA in a same vertical array
- WIFOLIFTBAR rigging accessory for horizontal arrays of ARCS®WIDE and/or ARCS®FOCUS enclosures
- Orientation functionality for ARCS®WIDE and ARCS®FOCUS: HF Left or HF Right in a vertical array and HF Up or HF Down in a horizontal array
Previous SOUNDVISION 2.0 version includes:
- Mapping functionality for subwoofer systems
- Cardioid array modeling tool
- Contour EQ modeling tool
- Improved ARCSUB modeling tool
- Frequency range extended towards the sub domain
- Response curve display tool for full range systems in the Coverage mode, including an adjustable target curve and post-processing options
- New ARCS®WIDE and ARCS®FOCUS constant curvature WST® line sources
- New SB18m subwoofer
Acoustical Simulation Program
Developed for sound designers, SOUNDVISION is dedicated to the acoustical and mechanical simulation of L-ACOUSTICS systems (WST line arrays and Coaxial point source technologies).
Benefiting from L-ACOUSTICS long term experience in the modelling of acoustic sound sources, SOUNDVISION is the first 3D sound design program capable of operating in real time.
Real time calculation of SPL and visualization of system coverage
SOUNDVISION allows the calculation of sound pressure level (SPL) coverage, SPL mapping and delay coverage (or mapping) for complex sound system and venue configurations.
Either horizontal (plan) or vertical (cut) views can be selected to enter room coordinates or to define loudspeaker placement/aiming. Impact coverage, SPL mapping or delay is then based on direct sound calculations over the defined audience geometry.
Selectable user modes for different operator profiles
Coverage mode provides a practical tool for the touring sound engineer while mapping mode provides more detailed information for the audio consultant. System time alignment of multiple loudspeakers or arrays can be visualized with delay mode and the mechanical data provides detailed set-up information for installer and riggers.
Online SOUNDVISION pre-modeled venue database
The world venue database allows the insertion of the touring kit into the a pre-modeled venue file. The engineer can quickly prepare and optimize the sound design variations specific to each venue. Thanks to the contributions of the SOUNDVISION user community, engineers on the road can accurately anticipate on the planning of their sound design and system optimization even if not present on site.
Engineers wishing to donate to the database are invited to observe the following guidelines in the effort to maintain a SOUNDVISION drawing standard.
The X,Y & Z Axis zero reference point should be identified by a fixed point, not dependant on the type of event:
- Theatre or Shed: fire curtain
- Arena: Venue Center usually directly under the scoreboard (Most venues are symmetrical)
- Stadium: Center of the field. (Pitchers mound for baseball fields) determined by the playing field area marks
Audience listening levels should be added after the room is designed, only to audience seating or standing surfaces only. Paths or walking surfaces should not incorporate these levels. As an average these guidelines should be as follows, 1.2m (3.09') for seating and 1.8m or (5.09') for standing.
Measurements should be verified by the systems engineer before finalizing the system design.
To send your files, please contact email@example.com
Designed to streamline the process of generation and edition of venue models for SOUNDVISION, SU4SV freeware is available for download from the L-ACOUSTICS® web site.
SU4SV is a plugin to use in GOOGLE® SKETCHUP software. It allows importing/exporting venue models between SKETCHUP and SOUNDVISION.
With SU4SV, SKETCHUP can be used as a file conversion platform between SOUNDVISION and CAD software (AUTOCAD, DXF…) or acoustic simulation software (CATT, EASE, ODEON…).
In addition to its conversion capabilities, SU4SV features a set of venue model edition tools adapted to users of acoustic simulation software.
SU4SV 4.4 includes the following features:
For questions and issues, contact the SOUNDVISION support team: firstname.lastname@example.org