A System Technician's mission and skills include:
- System preparation and installation
- Amplified controller platform preparation and installation
- Knowledge of SOUNDVISION software
- Knowledge of LA-NETWORK MANAGER software
To be considered an ST, you must have attended one official L-ACOUSTICS system training seminar (KIVA, KARA, KUDO, K1 or legacy V enclosures dV-DOSC and V-DOSC) and the SOUNDVISION complementary training. You will receive a certificate of attendance to establish your status of System Technician.
The K System Engineer or KSE has the highest level of qualification and expertise in the areas:
- Sound design and system measurement
- Extensive real world experience with V-DOSC, dV-DOSC, KIVA, KARA, KUDO and K1 systems
- A complete theoretical understanding of all Wavefront Sculpture Technology-based systems
- Demonstrated fluency in L-ACOUSTICS SOUNDVISION software
- Use of measurement tools (SMAART, WINMLS, MLSSA or equivalent) for system alignment and tuning
- Mastery of the LA-RAK/LA8/NETWORK MANAGER platform and DSP librarie
The KSE shall be capable of endorsing and supervising system technicians during their apprenticeship period towards becoming a KSE. The KSE status is solely granted by the L-ACOUSTICS management and is made official by the listing of the engineer in the KSE directory.
The Rental Network Charter
Article 1: segmentation, ownership and inventory thresholds
L-ACOUSTICS offers a complete range of turnkey sound systems matching market segments of theatre, arena and stadium. In order to satisfy the technical requirements of each segment, Network agents shall make an initial rental system purchase through an authorized L-ACOUSTICS representative and maintain system ownership at inventory levels in excess of the minimum threshold set by L-ACOUSTICS.
Article 2: full system approach
To ensure performance consistency, predictability and compatibility of systems, Rental Network agents shall embrace the L-ACOUSTICS recommended technical standards defined by a full system approach. This includes enclosures, subwoofers, amplification, signal processing and its distribution, cabling and standard accessories.
Article 3: certification of technicians
Rental Network agents shall possess in-house trained personnel and ensure that in-house and free-lance engineers operating their systems have attended L-ACOUSTICS official training seminars.
Network Collaboration Platform and Synergies
The Rental Network is a platform of cooperation designed for the L-Acoustics Rental community. Inspired by the original concept of the V-DOSC partnership, the Rental Network offers its agents:
- A privileged access to innovative systems with high brand acceptance
- An opportunity to raise the agent's corporate profile and visibility amongst top sound companies
- Development of cross-rental business, cooperation and synergies between agents
- Flexibility of rental supply with worldwide availability of standardized systems
- A quality label to engineers, productions, promoters and artists
Additional benefits include:
- Company listing on L-Acoustics website
- Referencing of productions in the L-Acoustics Rental references website section
- Authorization to use the L-Acoustics Rental Network logo for promotional purposes
- Access to PR resources for success stories
- Publication of agent activity in newsletters
L-Acoustics Rental Network World Map
The Rental Network comprises around 650 rental companies worldwide, employing 7000 technicians and operating 60,000 enclosures sharing a universal system standard. The Network community allows its agents to grow business through cross-rental activities to respond to seasonal activity peaks and joint productions with pooled inventories for large scale projects. The Rental Network comprises the Kiva II, Kara, K2, K1, Kiva, Kudo, V-DOSC and dV-DOSC systems.
The Rental Network working principles are based on three principles as defined in the Network Charter:
- Ensure worldwide availability with systems inventory thresholds for various rental segments
- Offer a universal standard to ensure performance and compatibility of systems for cooperation
- Ensure a human standard of excellence and safety through an education program designed for technicians
L-Acoustics offers truly innovative sound systems with the highest brand acceptance. Choosing and dimensioning a main PA system is a strategic decision, and establishing a system inventory threshold is a key factor:
- In positioning the company and gaining visibility in the rental market place
- In generating dry rental requests from others with an attractive inventory level
- In delivering performance (Coverage, Headroom, SPL, Directivity control, etc...) for special productions
The L-Acoustics authorized representative can analyze your rental activity with you to determine the right system inventory to optimize the return on investment.
Performance, Simplicity, Efficiency
The "K" system standard is heir to the "V" standard, and is the latest evolution of L-Acoustics' line source array and electronics. It includes the K series enclosures (Kiva II, Kara, K2, K1) or the legacy enclosures Kiva, Kudo, dV-DOSC and V-DOSC, the associated subwoofers, the LA-RAK II integrated electronics rack and system accessories. Establishing a standard helps to deliver:
- Predictable performance and system behavior with its optimized components
- Simplified cross rental, easy system interfacing and fast pooling of systems
- Maximum efficiency and safety in the field with standard electronics, cables, accessories
The H standard encompasses current and legacy systems not K-compliant, including the legacy V standard.
Rental Network Standards charts
|System standards||Kiva II||Kara||K2||K1|
and 8 KS28/SB28
12 Kiva II
8 K1-SB or
KS28 or SB28
System standards as of July 1st, 2016 (subject to change).
Note: Kiva II does not require LA-RAK/RAK II and is therefore not part of K standard.
8 SB118 or
System standards as of July 1st, 2016 (subject to change).
Note: Kudo and V systems marketed or upgraded with LA-RAK from 2009 can meet the K standard criteria.
Some examples :
Qualified technicians & training program
A training program provides the rental agent's sound technicians and engineers with qualifications to operate the K standard systems as System Technicians.
If you are an existing member of the Rental Network and would like to update your company information, please fill out this form.
Should you have any questions on the Network and wish to be contacted by one of our representatives, please contact us.